‘Surrender’ to some means to lose power but to others it is a truly powerful, blissful state. I don’t know about you but, given the choice, I’d rather experience it as the latter. Many people associate the word ‘surrender’ to waving the white flag – to give up – to lose the battle.
The dictionary gives the word 3 meanings:
1. to agree to stop fighting, hiding, resisting, etc., because you know that you will not win or succeed
2. to give the control or use of (something) to someone else
3. to allow something (such as a habit or desire) to influence or control you
Consider a different perspective on those 3 meanings -
1. ‘to agree to stop fighting, hiding or resisting’ - isn’t that exactly what you’re doing – resisting something? You’ve been fighting something that you no longer need to fight. Yes, there was a reason you once needed to respond the way you did, but that time has passed, it no longer serves its purpose and now fighting is no longer in your highest good.
2. ‘to give control to someone/thing else’ – surrendering certainly can feel like giving away your power, however, what if the thing you were giving your power away to was ‘your highest good’ or your Spirit?
3. ‘to allow something to influence you’ – maybe this ‘something’ IS your higher self, and now you’ve decided to give it what it’s been asking you for. Maybe surrendering means to follow the desire for, or to reclaim peace and happiness.
So how can you merge Bliss with Surrender? Read on, I’ll show you in 6 easy steps...
To be able to merge the two, the above 3 perspectives need to resonate with you. Even if you can’t see HOW it can be done, just hold it as a possibility.
Are you ready for a shift, do you feel it’s time? Are you ready to move out of the darkness and into the light?
You’re not ready until you’re grounded. Think of a tree – in a wind storm – if the tree isn’t deeply rooted (grounded) the wind could easily force it lose its hold and fall over. Not good. Now - think of a large oak tree with its many roots that go deep into the earth and spread out in all directions. The wind can blow – as strong as it likes – and you’ll still be standing. You need to be an oak tree.
Only when you can trust that the shift will move you into a better space, will you allow that shift to happen, and not before.
Take a deep breath, then DECIDE to give up the fight. Don’t look back into the darkness – move forward into the light – and just keep going. Raise and open your arms, hands to the sky, to embrace the shift. Relax your stomach muscles, take a deep breath and receive the support of your higher self – your Spirit. Sense it pouring into your crown chakra at the top of your head. Let it fill you. Place your hands on your heart and receive into it the gift of love from your Spirit, feel it pouring into your heart. Then wrap your arms around yourself, one arm over your shoulder, allowing Spirit to love and support you. Feel Spirit rocking you gently.
Give it a little time and you’ll start to perceive the bliss. When the situation no longer feels like it controls you; when the buttons that once got pushed seem deactivated; when you feel like you’ve taken back your power – that’s when you know you’ve achieved blissful surrender.